Thursday, July 3, 2014

July 3, 2014 short trip













We have been doing the RCMC Grand Tour, and to get another check point off of our list we went to Camp Sherman for lunch. 304 miles of wonderful scenery. Some curves going up Clackamas River hwy. I always need practice on curves. Made a couple of stops along the way.

First was at the day use area at Detroit Lake. I am breaking in a new pair of boots....no duck tape and a pair to tourmaster vented gloves to protect my hands from more sun burn. We did have lunch at Camp Sherman, it is a small deli. My club sandwich was great, but Jays hamburger was lacking. We need to learn not to eat at check points, or Jay needs to order the same as me. After we left Camp Sherman, we went on to Sisters for gas. The traffic was so bad at that point we turned around and came home. Same route same rest area on the way home. One thing I will say, is that in Sisters it was 84 degrees, in Detroit 78 degrees, and in Estacada it was 72....so nice to be back on this side of the mountain.....


No comments:

Post a Comment