Sunday, January 24, 2010

Help! I'm still unemployed

As I continue to seek employment, Jay continues to work on the bathroom project (NO the basement is not done as with everything here, it is still a work in progress). No interviews last week and I did hand deliver several resumes (after sending by email). It is as he said, "to get me noticed". I am 5ft 8in and over 200lbs..I think people notice me. ( also sent out thank you cards to people I actually met face to face while delivering resumes). This coming week I am taking another class for a different certificate, that should help with the employment opportunities, will have to wait and see on that. But with having to do all this, I feel like I am working full time. Driving here and there, then to having to pay to have items faxed, even with me delivering in person...well that was too much. So with Jason's generous Christmas gift I was able to get a new item for the computer room. It scans, faxes, copies, prints and yes it can even be used as a telephone...It is a "all-in-one" unit. Jay thinks it belongs in a office...well at this point, this is my office, and it belongs here (I think he will use it too).




Jay has continued to make great progress on the bathroom, the dust from the wonderboard was a real problem for me. Breathing was not easy and my poor nose was so sore, eyes were red, to the point that Jay kept pointing it out to me...that I needed drops. Anyway this little slide show will show you just how much he has done.




As far as the "being noticed", that is a real issue now. We are trying to focus on portion size and control..Will let you know how it goes, also a very slow paced exercise routine to be started.

Facebook has been fun, lots of new friends, again this was something suggested for networking, and employment opportunities.


Until next time...be safe, and maybe I will see you on FB.

No comments:

Post a Comment